[PDF] Pettoletti, Joachim - op.03/01 Valse

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Frank Nordberg

[PDF] Pettoletti, Joachim - op.03/01 Valse

Post by Frank Nordberg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:54 pm

I came across this little gem on my computer.

This is the first of Joachim Pettoletti's "Six Instructive Waltzes" for guitar, first published in 1826. I haven't changed anything from the original, only added some obvious position indications and maybe a little bit more fingering. A facsimile of the whole set of six waltzes is available from the Boije Collection: http://carkiv.musikverk.se/www/boije/Boije_0564.pdf

I doubt many people here have heard about Joachim Pettoletti but some of you may be vaguely familiar with his younger brother or (more likely) stepbrother, Pietro.

We don't really know much about Joachim Pettoletti. He was born in 1792 in Italy but moved to Copenhagen as a young boy when his father got a gig at the TIvoli there. The whole family moved to Norway and they are listed in the 1800 Christiania census. He spent much of his carreer touring all over Scandinavia, often accompanied by Pietro. and seemed to have lived a rather bohemian lifestyle, having some problems with minor convetions of polite society (things like don't propose to a girl if you are already married and don't take a two year vacation without telling the orchestra that have just hired you as their leader). According to wikipedia, he finally settled in St. Petersburg.

Edit.: Ummm... according to wikipedia... turns out the only source wikipedia quotes is my old and long gone site. I suppose it's time to go through my mess of old reasearch notes. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”