[PDF] Rameau, J. P. - Minuet

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
stephenoff

[PDF] Rameau, J. P. - Minuet

Post by stephenoff » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Hello People My rendition on the Rameau Minuet played by Segovia. Actually its full name is Platée Act 2, scene 5_ Menuets en goût de vièle, et airs .

I have looked at the video Song of the Guitar and made my best guestamations on hand positions, fingering, chord played and looked at the original score for comparison.

Please, I'm open to any suggestions to change it, based on the Song of the Guitar recording like chord structure etc. There are easier hand positions but I like to try to play like the great maestros . :lol:

:casque:

Steve O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GeoffB on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Corrupted file replaced

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Re: Song Of The Guitar

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:30 am

Thank you for sharing this with us, Steve!

As I said on your intro thread, this must have taken you a great deal of time and effort. :shock:

As Decamp's "resident music editor" (I work as an independent contractor for a music publisher. I love to play through new scores in this section to see if there are any errors :lol: ), I only have two questions about your score.

I'm a bit concerned about measure 4. If the D is being played on the 5th fret- 5th string, the open A won't sound. It would certainly be easier to play the open A and forget about the two Ds. It would also make the ornament a lot easier.

The second question has to do with the minor section. It would be a lot easier to read if the Dbs were C#s and the Gbs were F#s. I've forgotten what software you're using. Is it possible to change those notes?

This is really well done and quite a find! There are probably some differences from the way Segovia plays it, but I think you've nailed it for the most part. It works just fine!

Thank you,

Alan

stephenoff

Post by stephenoff » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Hello The software is Guitar Pro. The I have re-studied the video and yes I think part is right it's not a D in the 4th bar its an F# with the bass line moving down and some other bits I noticed so please Tarbaby and all review and tell me if there is any other item looks out of place.
Last edited by stephenoff on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:49 am

That's much easier to play now, Steve!

And the minor section is much easier to read. This is really a fun piece to play! :D

Thank you for all your hard work!

:merci:

Alan

owl

Post by owl » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 am

Thanks Steve (and Alan), looks good :)

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

avoz

Re: [PDF] Rameau, J. P. - Minuet

Post by avoz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:36 am

Costas Proakis 'transcribed' (accurately) the Segovia recording of the two 'Platee' minuets (publisher Berben, Modena 1957) and Jose de Azpiazu included his version of the second (Dm) minuet in his 'Gitarrenschule - 2nd Vol.' (Symphonia Verlag AG., Basel).

stephenoff

Post by stephenoff » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello thanks avos. Yes I found the Jean Philippe Rameau (1683-1764) / Costas Proakis---Minuetto (Platée), Bèrben, Modena, 1957. I have had a looked at the transcription of Minuetto Platee but it doesn't look accurate to segovia's playing. Me looking at the video and checking hand position and notes to segovia's hand position and notes played.
All in all It's my interpritation which means its free.

Steve O

avoz

Post by avoz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Steve, I haven't seen the video of Segovia you refer to but he did change some details in performances from time to time, e.g. different recordings of Torroba's 'Romance de los Pinos/Montemayor'. I cannot be certain, but I think the first recording of the piece in question was included in the Brunswick LP 'An evening with Andres Segovia' (AXTL 1070) in the early 1950's, which mentioned an arrangement for harpsichord as the source. Costas Proakis did alter the pitch of the 'D' pedal in the bass line in a few bars (sixth dropped down a tone) where Segovia maintained the same note (open fourth string pitch). I cannot put my hand on a orchestral recording which I have somewhere for further comparison, but your arrangement is fine.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for the score,

All the best, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

avoz

Post by avoz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 am

The orchestral recording referred to in my last post is by 'Les Musiciens du Louvre' conducted by Marc Minkowski (Erato 2292-45028-2) wherein the title is given as ' 'Menuets en gout de Viele, et airs'. The Viele (Hurdy-Gurdy) was popular at the time as part of the fashion for an idealised nature - shepherds and nymphs etc. in leafy bowers - and the strings of the orchestra provide a better drone bass than the guitar, of course..

mordent

Post by mordent » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi Steve, Well done! It's obvious that you have worked very hard on this and it's a credit to your musical scholarship.Thank you. :bravo:

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Beautiful! :merci:

stephenoff

Post by stephenoff » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 am

For your kind words

Steve O :bravo:

Dave W

Post by Dave W » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 am

Thank you for sharing your work on this Steve. Nice clear score that will keep me amused & involved for quite a while. Much appreciated. :D :merci:

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks for the score Steve.

:bravo:

I always find chordal music difficult to sight read. Here's holding thumbs. :chaud:

Regards,

Paul

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”