[PDF] Rameau, J. P. - Minuet

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
George Crocket

Re: [PDF] Rameau, J. P. - Minuet

Post by George Crocket » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Luigi.

Welcome to the forum.

A link to this score in PDF format is posted in the first message of this thread. Just click here. :D
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

derroll

Post by derroll » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:03 am

I adore this piece of music it's grand, stately and dignified. It's fits perfectly on the guitar too!

elindley

Post by elindley » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:10 am

Thank you Steve for your work on these minuets. Any chance you could do a non-TAB version to save paper and turning? Thanks again. -- Ed
English | Fresno, California | Kenny Hill Signature Double Top | La Bella 2001 Concert Series Extra Hard Tension
"Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Les Backshall
Luthier

Post by Les Backshall » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:30 am

elindley wrote:Thank you Steve for your work on these minuets. Any chance you could do a non-TAB version to save paper and turning? Thanks again. -- Ed
I'm not sure the OP is still posting; here's a non-tab version I did a couple of years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51058&hilit=+rameau

Les
Lester Backshall, Guitar Maker - Aylesbury UK

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Sat May 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Very good, but if you're using the video Song of Guitar as your source, then there are quite a few mistakes. I'm doing a version now that is 99% accurate I believe (cause you can never be 100% sure :)).

Anyways, I didn't think I was able to post a transcription of Segovia's work, but I'm transcribing the piece and would love to share it if it's ok.

Here are some mistakes I see, so far.

In bar 8, the (a) bass on string 4 should be played on beats 2 + 3 +, so that's 4 (a basses).
in bar 9, beat 2, the low A is played on string 4 instead of how you have it.
In bart 10, the low A bass is ONLY played on beats 1 and 3 by Segovia. On beat 3 it is (C# string 3 and OPEN e) and then beat 3 1/2 is played only (d) string 2.

many more mistakes to list in the first part.

In the minor section the first D minor chord is played with ALL 6 strings by Segovia. The next bar the first chord played by Segovia is (D, Bb, open g, d, e) followed by a 5 string A7 chord in bar II position.

It would be much easier if I could post my pdf here, but I'm not sure if it's allowed.
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Sat May 23, 2015 5:16 pm

bar 4 should be played as (D, F#, d) beat 1. Beat 1 1/2 is (F#, a - string 4, 3 respect.) and then on beat 2 (d, F#, a) string 5,4,3 resp.) if you're following the Song of Guitar vid of Segovia playing.
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

rsclosson

Post by rsclosson » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I LOVE this piece. The first time I heard it I started my search for the music. Thank you very much!!

Albireo54

Post by Albireo54 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi to all I am looking for the score sheet of the Rameau Platee Menuet played by Segovia in the movie The song of the guitar. Thank you everybody. Luigi

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”