[PDF] Bach, J. S. - BWV 0147 Choral

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
DanielMcPherson

[PDF] Bach, J. S. - BWV 0147 Choral

Post by DanielMcPherson » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Here is my score for Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring". This is an amalgam of various other versions I have seen and played, rather than a new transcription from the original score. My goal in making this arrangement was to have a piece to play at weddings. For me, this means that the piece must fit on two pages, be easy to read (visually), and be easy enough to play that I can pick it up and play it at any time without having to do any maintenance practicing on it. It's worked well for me, so I hope someone else enjoys it.

I also wanted to share my LilyPond source for this score. Frankly, I think the LilyPond file is more interesting in this case than yet another version of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring".

The LilyPond and source code discussion is here viewtopic.php?f=101&t=51402

I welcome any comments, questions, or improvements regarding either the score or the LilyPond file.
jesu.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Re: [PDF] Bach, J. S. - BWV 0147 Choral

Post by Paul » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks for the score. ;)

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:39 am

DanielMcPherson wrote:My goal in making this arrangement was to have a piece to play at weddings. For me, this means that the piece must fit on two pages, be easy to read (visually), and be easy enough to play that I can pick it up and play it at any time without having to do any maintenance practicing on it.
Yessss!!!

This is the first chance I've gotten to download your arrangement, Daniel. I have a few other arrangements, but this is the only one I could just read right through without having to stop and say "What?" :shock: (I'd have to spend an extra minute looking at the section where it goes up to the 5th position, but that's no problem).

Kudos for getting it on two pages! They're printing out as I type and this is the arrangement that's going into my wedding book. Thank you! (You deserve a commission everytime I play this at a wedding). :wink:

There are only two suggestions I have. In measure 42, I think you meant to use the 1st finger for the G#. It's lots easier.

Also, I like the rhythm in the bass in measure 12 and see no reason why it can't be used in measure 13 as well. I'm used to hearing it that way and it's just as easy to play it there. (If you decide to change it, you already know that there are a couple of other spots where the exact same thing happens).

:bravo: :merci:

Alan

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:11 am

Thank you!!!

Emmanuel

Post by Emmanuel » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 am

This is good! Thank you! I will use this in the future.

sting6ph

Post by sting6ph » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 pm

I wasn't able to play guitar for a few weeks now (school!!!) but this should get me back on track. Thanks :)

ObscureGuy

Post by ObscureGuy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 am

It sounds interesting.. Unfortunately i gotta post something for getting this.. :(

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:05 pm

ObscureGuy wrote:It sounds interesting.. Unfortunately i gotta post something for getting this.. :(
Welcome to Delcamp, ObscureGuy! Yes, you have to post something, but it really isn't that hard! Just post in the introduce yourself here and then you will have TWO posts and be able to come back here and download the PDF. :wink:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

ObscureGuy

Post by ObscureGuy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Hey!.. You guys seem realy nice!.. I'll post something for it anyway, cause I really like that tune. I just doubt if i can post every month.. Finally you said that talk about 2 posts!. ;) I was afraid that it's less clear..

ObscureGuy

Post by ObscureGuy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 pm

I did it! Thanks a lot.. It has turned out to be playable and fascinating!.. Good job!

w boek

Post by w boek » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:46 am

I've seen and heard several guitar versions of of this piece.
Some (parts) are available for download on the internet, but I haven't found a full version that fits my idea of how it should sound.
But before I start transcribing myself, I will definitly have a look at your version.
I'll let you know...
Thanks anyway!

Rich J

Post by Rich J » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:54 am

I like this transcription, thank you.

Fabbri

Post by Fabbri » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:17 am

It's better than the version I've been using. Thank you, Daniel.

Requinto

Post by Requinto » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:47 am

I know that this is a pretty old thread, but I've got a problem with the transcription. The second page is just black.

Can somebody fix this? Or may be send me the second page?

Regards Christoph

elindley

Post by elindley » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi Christoph,

Be sure you are downloading the pdf file and reading it with Adobe Reader. The file was OK just now when I viewed it, so there may be a problem with your browser viewing the file. -- Ed
English | Fresno, California | Kenny Hill Signature Double Top | La Bella 2001 Concert Series Extra Hard Tension
"Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”