[PDF] Paganini, Niccolo - La Ci Darem La Mano (Ghiribizzo #20)

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
mverive

[PDF] Paganini, Niccolo - La Ci Darem La Mano (Ghiribizzo #20)

Post by mverive » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:10 pm

This ghiribizzo is a variation of Mozart's aria "La Ci Darem La Mano", from "Don Giovanni", and has helped me learn to play some of the upper positions. It's not technically difficult, no hard stretches, but is a challenge (at least for me) to play well. As a love song (of sorts, as Don Giovanni tries to persuade Zerlina to leave her betrothed Masetto), it's best played slowly and sweetly (the tempo is usually written as andante, which may be a bit too quick for the mood of the aria). I also added some dynamics to better match the original aria, so feel free to omit them and interpret this piece as you like.

Enjoy!

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"(P)Lay on, MacDuff, And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'"

Bernhard Heimann

Re: [PDF] Paganini, Niccolo - La Ci Darem La Mano (Ghiribizzo #20)

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Mike,

:merci:

That's really nice and a good little piece for opera fans like some friends of mine!

Bernhard

Fabbri

Post by Fabbri » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Thank you Mike - and Niccolo, and of course Wolfgang. It's a neat and elegant transcription of the seduction song, and a great relief to a clumsy intermediate like myself after struggling with Francesco Calegari's version in A, with his increasingly difficult variations packed with demisemiquavers. (Downloadable from the Boije collection.)

I seem to have accumulated a small collection of Mozart transcriptions and variations. I find them intriguing and satisfying to play, maybe because the original opera music is so embedded in memory and full of associations, or maybe because they are just good tunes and can take any amount of adaptation. You may be interested in these (you may know them already).

From Don Giovanni: Deh Vieni Alla Finestra, versions in D (Mertz), G (*** Site blocked for copyright reasons ***), and A (Torrisi)
Minuet (*** Site blocked for copyright reasons ***)
From the Magic Flute: Papageno's Song, versions in C (*** Site blocked for copyright reasons ***) and D (W L Hayden)
From the Marriage of Figaro: Cherubino's Song Voi che sapete (K. Minami)

If you or any other forum members know of other Mozart opera transcriptions (especially arias from Figaro and Cosi fan Tutte I'd be glad to know about them.

Michael7

Post by Michael7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:42 am

This is cute, thanks. Martin Hegel has a Schott published book "Mozart for Guitar" which includes, e.g., Voi che sapete

NHa

Post by NHa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks for the score i really liked it Best regard Niels

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”