How to use the Virtual duos, trios and ensembles forum

This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Forum rules
This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Audio files contributed on the "Virtual duos, trios and ensembles" forum remain the property of their contributors. Joint recordings incorporating such files may not be published anywhere other than on the Delcamp forums.
wil weten

Re: How to use the Virtual duos, trios and ensembles forum

Post by wil weten » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:20 pm

I would be very grateful if people who use a music notation program would upload xml- of mxl-exports of their copied scores and arrangements of their music notation programs. That way I could practice the music in my own tempo after importing it into my (free!) MuseScore music notation program. Sure, it won't sound as nice as a piece played with a real guitar, but it does have a merit of its own.

wil weten

Post by wil weten » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:23 pm

GeoffB wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:11 am
The forum poll function is not enabled, and the forum rules specifically prohibit the use of midi files here, as M. Delcamp believes this forum should be about promoting actual classical guitar playing in as natural a form as possible, hence no electric guitars, no midi, etc.
As to the proposal I made above. I think the mxl- or xml-files would be a way of promoting actual classical guitar playing, as without them a lot more music would remain out of my reach and therefore would not a played at all on my classical guitar.

Edit: perhaps a lot more people would be able to play classical guitar sheet music when it was available in a format that enables to make the notes as large as they need in order to see the notes well enough. I get the impression a lot of people on this forum are middle aged or older and may not see as well as they did in their younger years...
Last edited by wil weten on Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJVB

Post by RJVB » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:15 pm

True, I hadn't thought about those and comparable formats (there's also the free version of GuitarPro; TuxGuitar). They have about the same merits as midi, in this context. I was thinking in particular of original compositions and arrangements that don't exist as commercial scores.

As to the poll function: I think I'd prefer not to know why you'd want to disable that, but maybe the software allows to activate it in specific subforums like here?
Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator converted to non-metal strings (China, 2018?)
Bolink baroque violin (Hilversum, 1982)
Formerly: Brian Cohen baroque violin (London, 1985), Nadegini modern violin (Paris, 1924)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:50 pm

MXL files can now be uploaded in the Our Scores section and Composers' Workshop, in fact, as mentioned here, though not midi files themselves.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Virtual duos, trios and ensembles”