It´s finally done !!! (well...almost
I decided to remove the regular pegs that I had installed improperly and substitute them for PegHeds. They got here last week , and they are amazing. Installation is easy (easier than regular pegs), they work amazingly well. Tuning is much easier and pleasurable now.
There was a concern regarding their weight, but I didn´t feel any real difference in the instrument after they were installed. They are heavier than normal pegs, but not much (a few grams each, so probably around 50g for them all). I use a strap on my lute, and it stays really well balanced.
I had a few buzzes, and my first attemp at installing the frets wasn´t perfect (they weren´t tight enough). So, a re-fretted the lute and fixed the buzzes.
It sounds great and looks very nice, if I may say so.
There are only two minor details remaining:
1. The 3 little wooden frets (I´ll try to make and install them over the weekend)
2. Learn to play the baroque lute ! (that should be the easiest part
Thank you all for your attention and help during all these months
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.