Aranjuez 7th from 10-string set post hurricane

Discussion of all aspects of multi-string guitars, namely those with 7 or more strings.
soltirefa

Aranjuez 7th from 10-string set post hurricane

Post by soltirefa » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Has anybody noticed a difference between this 7th string pre and post the hurricane in Puerto Rico that apparently demolished the manufacturing location and forced the maker to move?

I put on a new one yesterday and it seems a bit thuddy compared to how I remember the old one sounding. I'm wondering if it's my imagination. I thought I still had a couple "pre" left that I could put on to hear the difference, but now I can't find them.

decacorde

Re: Aranjuez 7th from 10-string set post hurricane

Post by decacorde » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:34 am

I've been playing a 7-string guitar for a long time and using a La Bella 8th string (gauge 052) for my 7th string. From the praise I read in this forrum, I bought some single "magic Aranjuez 7th" strings to try and I noticed that on my guitar the string sounded thuddy indeed as compared with the La Bella 8th. I bought these single Aranjuez strings in October 2016. Now I go back to the cheaper but trusty La Bella. By the way, the La Bella 052 bass single is the 8th of 8-string set and baroque-tuning 10-string set and the 7th of Yepes-tuning 10-string set.

ronjazz

Post by ronjazz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:23 pm

I generally tune my 7th string to low A, so I've found that the D'Addario .058 and .060 give me a great, full sound without being too loose to really hit.
Lester Devoe Flamenco Negra
Lester Devoe Flamenco Blanca
Aparicio Flamenco Blanca with RMC pickup
Bartolex 7-string with RMC pickup
Giannini 7-string with Shadow pickup
Sal Pace 7-string archtop

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Bump.

This morning I again put on one of these Aranjuez Bronze 7th strings made post-Puerto Rico Hurricane/relocation of factory. Once again, it sounded so thuddy. I remember these were such nice strings before. Maybe I got a bad batch or his earlier batches after relocation may have been made with new materials???? Is it just me? Something is different in my experience.

Has anybody else noticed a change in this string since the old days?

es335

Post by es335 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:34 pm

I do have one Aranjuez 7th left from a lot produced long before the terrible hurricane catastrophy. Not sure if and how reasonably this could be shipped to CA if you like to!? :wink:

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:39 pm

es335 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:34 pm
I do have one Aranjuez 7th left from a lot produced long before the terrible hurricane catastrophy. Not sure if and how reasonably this could be shipped to CA if you like to!? :wink:
That's very generous of you to offer. But that's okay. I actually have one left from before the hurricane. I could use it to test the difference. It seems so precious that I want to be sure to use it in the best situation/guitar.

Return to “Multi-string Classical Guitars”