Ponce, Manuel - Balletto - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Manuel María Ponce.
Desperado

Ponce, Manuel - Balletto - Video

Post by Desperado » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am

Years ago this was on the trinity syllabus grade 6 edited by Michael Lewin. The book had a good selection of pieces and this is one I can remember- just! Haven't seen the music for yonks so there could be seem wrong notes, extra beats etc . Anyway, nice little intermediate piece for any guitarist.
I did play a baroque suite attributed to ponce but can't remember what it was can anyone shed light?

David Norton

Re: Ponce, Manuel - Balletto - Video

Post by David Norton » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Desperado wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am
I did play a baroque suite attributed to ponce but can't remember what it was can anyone shed light?
Most likely the Suite in A minor, attributed to Weiss. Alternately, it could have been the Suite in D, attributed to Alessandro Scarlatti. That one gets performed less often than the Weiss homage, though, except for the pair of Gavottes which are often presented as a stand-alone selection outside the context of the rest of the Suite.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT
First person to complete the Delcamp "Let's Learn Sor's Opus 60" project

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:43 pm

:applauso: :bravo:

You seem to have an appreciative (although occasionally distracted) audience! :lol:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Desperado

Post by Desperado » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:56 pm

David Norton wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:02 pm
[quote=Desperado post_id=<a href="tel:1329074">1329074</a> time=<a href="tel:1546683461">1546683461</a> user_id=85210]
Most likely the Suite in A minor, attributed to Weiss. Alternately, it could have been the Suite in D, attributed to Alessandro Scarlatti. That one gets performed less often than the Weiss homage, though, except for the pair of Gavottes which are often presented as a stand-alone selection outside the context of the rest of the Suite.
[/quote]
David Norton wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:02 pm
Desperado wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am
Cheers bud, definitely the Weiss - will AV a look in he archives.

Return to “Our recordings of Manuel María Ponce”