professional CG recording software

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
handoyomia

professional CG recording software

Post by handoyomia » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:06 pm

hi guyz, soon i want to record all my CG arrangement into i demo CD... but i still confuse which is the best recording software and also hard including microphone and soundcard.
any good suggestion will be appreciate. thx

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:15 pm

why don't you take a look in the Home Studio section. You'll find much information there.

Let me also move this topic there for you.

Good luck.

:D

joel oporto

Post by joel oporto » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:34 pm

You can make pro quality demo cds using free recording softwares like reaper and audacity. The best softwares are also expensive and might be overkill for your purposes.
However since you also don't have the hardware, then my suggestion is to check out bundles offered by stores like BSW, sam ash, sweetwater etc. They offer harware audio interfaces sometimes bundled with microphones and other stuff. All audio interfaces come with some sort of recording softare bundle in it. Most of these entry level bundles are simply called "podcasters" too.

singularity

Post by singularity » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 pm

First off all, for classical guitar DEMO CD you don't really need "Professional" software. As Joel suggested Audacity would be sufficient for laying stereo tracks and some editing. Just yesterday I've tested Focusrite Saffire using Audacity @ 24 bit/192 kHz sampling rate which is more than you need for demo project. Yep, I was surprised too. Audacity can go all the way up to 192 kHz and Cubase can't :evil:

As far as hardware is concerned, it all depends how much you want to spend. You can get Lexicon Alpha for around $130, Art Tube MP for $50 and M-Audio Pulsar for about $100 and you are good to go. Less than 300 bucks gives you decent quality if you are on the budget. Alpha even comes with Cubase LE which will let you add effects in addition to editing and of course sequencing. If you can spend more than sky is the limit.

singularity

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”