Need advice on amplification solutions

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
sal

Need advice on amplification solutions

Post by sal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am

I have been playing outdoor events, not at all formal, background music at fairs; basically people walking around eating hot dogs, vendors, etc.
I have been using a friends LaPatrie with electronics, plugging it into a Fender Rumble amplfier. For what I am doing its working fine.
I am considering buying another guitar with electronics, or using a guitar that I already have and having electronics installed. I have a couple of old cheap arias and a Yamaha to consider for the project.
Any suggestions on what is out there for aftermarket electronics. I do not want to spend a lot; I want it to sound "OK", but for what I am using it for my main concern is something that is "sturdy" and reliable. If it is something that can be installed without a luthier, even better, but I do not mind going to a luthier if luthier installed options are better.
I might just purchase a guitar with electronics installed, but want to explore options first. Thanks for any advice and/or suggestions.

prawnheed

Re: Need advice on amplification solutions

Post by prawnheed » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:04 am

If it were me, I’d pick up a used Yamaha or Takamine with electronics already installed. It’s going to be cheaper and probably better than buying a new pickup system and paying for the installation.

Scott Phillips

Post by Scott Phillips » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:25 am

I had a Ramirez that had a K&K in it. No batteries. As far as amps, hard to beat AER.

moonshadow

Post by moonshadow » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:42 am

I’d suggest the k&k pure classic with volume control in the sound hole. Great value and sound for the money.

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”