No sound from earphone new silent guitar

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Thomas

No sound from earphone new silent guitar

Post by Thomas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:35 pm

My silent guitar is not even 1 month old already I have a problem.

There is no sound from earphone , I tried different headphones but not working.

Changed batteries and everything.

Sound is ok through amp only earphone stopped working. I am very much disappointed at yamaha

I wonder if I can get full refund if I do I might go for Aria silent guitar

Will I be able to get full refund?

stratlanta

Re: No sound from earphone new silent guitar

Post by stratlanta » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:46 pm

I have two Yamaha silent guitars and they’ve worked perfectly so it sounds like an anomaly to me. I’m sure that Yamaha would honor the warranty on it. That would be my first move. To me it wouldn’t be time to completely switch brands if you like the Yamaha overall. They make good products.
Bastien Burlot "Alkemia" SP/IN, Dominique Delarue CD/MB, Stephan Connor SP/MP, Kenneth Brogger SP/AR, Sergio Perez "Segovia" CD/AR, Kris Barnett "phi" CD/EB, Lorenzo Frignani SP/IR, Dieter Müller Double Top CD/MR

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Thanks Am I reasonable if I ask the seller that I want my guitar be replaced with a new one as I hate to repair it after using it for less than a month .
Is that within yamaha warranty?

stratlanta

Post by stratlanta » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:08 pm

I’m not sure what the warranty stipulations are but I imagine it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Probably depends on the seller but my guess is that they will be hesitant to replace something that’s been owned for a month with a brand new one. But again, in my experience, that really depends on the seller and how they operate. Good luck. I really do think they are quality instruments.
Bastien Burlot "Alkemia" SP/IN, Dominique Delarue CD/MB, Stephan Connor SP/MP, Kenneth Brogger SP/AR, Sergio Perez "Segovia" CD/AR, Kris Barnett "phi" CD/EB, Lorenzo Frignani SP/IR, Dieter Müller Double Top CD/MR

Steve O

Post by Steve O » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Is this something new, or did the headphone work fine for a month, and then suddenly quit working? If that is the case, I would return the guitar and expect an exchange. After only one month this should be completely within warranty.

With my Yamaha Silent guitar I had an issue where some earbuds don't work. It was a while ago and I usually don't play the silent guitar with headphones. The issue with one pair of ear-buds has something to do with the length of the sections of the headphone prong. By very slightly pulling the headphone jack in or out of the socket I could get that set of earbuds to work.

If I recall correctly (which I may not be), it was my Apple Iphone earbuds that caused this problem. The pair of cheap earbuds that the airline gives you worked fine, and my Bose headphone worked fine.

Final question - which may be dumb - do your headphones use batteries that require changing?

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:18 pm

It worked for a month , I have tried it's original yamaha earbuds and also my expensive headphone both were working fine . a few days I was only using the silent guitar with amps not sure it it had affect . strange I will contact the seller

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Today I took the guitar to Yamaha customer service. They examined it and verified that there is a problem with it. They ordered the seller to replace it with new one so now I am waiting for the seller .

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Good to see that Yamaha is taking care of it. Others have mentioned the quality of Yamaha gear and that's been my experience also. The Yam. audio gear and guitar I have have been very reliable.

Your model has a mini headphone jack, right? Those mini jacks (1/8 inch) are delicate. Watch out that it doesn't get stressed.

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”