all set up

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
geoff-bristol
Amateur luthier

all set up

Post by geoff-bristol » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Thanks to info here I have now got my audacity actually recording something !
It does help to plug the mic into a pink socket that actually works! - the one on my front panel on the pc was dead. When I switched to the one at the back hidden in a sea or wires and dust - I get a healthy sounding click - an hey presto I have sound imput.

This is after trying all the above many time - only to find that my cheapish stereo condensor hand held mic - unknown to me - had a battery in it - duh ( go to back of class and stay there ) :?
Installing a battery that was not stone dead - and plugging into a socket that was live - and all is good.

Thanks to info here I have also sorted Lame. It would be of note to say that when you double click the exe file and install Lame - the default place it puts the file Audacity is looking for is in program files - ie my computer/local diskC/programfiles/lame for audacity/ .....

I've taken in some good info on tidying up the sound files.

All this is not only helpful for recording my guitar - I also was stumped for producing voice overs for videos for my sailing site. I did have it working many moons ago - which stumped me.

It would seem, back then, I was plugged in the back panel - and my battery was not flat :D

ronjazz

Re: all set up

Post by ronjazz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Where do you buy the coal to run your rig?
Lester Devoe Flamenco Negra
Lester Devoe Flamenco Blanca
Aparicio Flamenco Blanca with RMC pickup
Bartolex 7-string with RMC pickup
Giannini 7-string with Shadow pickup
Sal Pace 7-string archtop

geoff-bristol
Amateur luthier

Re: all set up

Post by geoff-bristol » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:13 am

Some reliable and classic machines run on coal :D

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”