Reverb pedal?

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Sebastian

Reverb pedal?

Post by Sebastian » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:41 am

Greetings, I was wondering how common or acceptable would be to use a reverb pedal (or other effects) on classical guitar. This is specifically in a setting were I posses an electric guitar amp which does not have reverb knobs.

I'm not expecting a very good sound overall mainly due to the fact it would be using an electric guitar amp...

And also, in a second question, which other effects should be applied in such setting. I know the best would be to get an acoustic guitar amp but this is not the case, just not possible.
Cheers.
You're reading this.

sxedio

Re: Reverb pedal?

Post by sxedio » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:12 pm

The zoom acoustic pedals would be suitable for this, such as A2, A3, and whatever the latest one is, they are really multieffects units that can do reverb and if I remember correctly you can specify the output to be compensated for an electric amp. Boss also has some acoustic multieffects pedals, and there are other options out there.

This works well in a band, it will be less subtle in a solo classical context especially if your audience expects the classical sound.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Sebastian

Re: Reverb pedal?

Post by Sebastian » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:44 pm

sxedio wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:12 pm
The zoom acoustic pedals would be suitable for this, such as A2, A3, and whatever the latest one is, they are really multieffects units that can do reverb and if I remember correctly you can specify the output to be compensated for an electric amp. Boss also has some acoustic multieffects pedals, and there are other options out there.

This works well in a band, it will be less subtle in a solo classical context especially if your audience expects the classical sound.
Yes I have a Zoom pedal, but it's an electric guitar one... a G1 in fact. I remember many years ago one professor used that same pedal on many shows. Although he used a classical guitar with electornics in it, still sounds somehow nice. Of course it has a sound of direct-in line instead of the traditional condenser microphone because well, he's usting direct in for the pedal of course. Could someone use a pedal effect with a condenser mic? For recording maybe but for playing live?

Here's a video I found of the teacher I mentioned above. He's more of a jazz guitarist rather than classical, but I remember that use of the pedal.
You're reading this.

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”