How to make a video on a low budget...

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Re: How to make a video on a low budget...

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Enrique Rodney wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 pm
I have been attempting to video record some classical pieces...does anyone have a recommendation on a software for MAC that can edit the sound track so I can get the best sound in the video?
If you've a Mac that's recent enough to have Garageband, you have no reason to look further for the time being. The point being that you record at the standard quality, which will be no different from any other similar software, the only big differences come in the question of reverb, if you want to add any, or any other treatment e.g. EQ. You can edit the camera video together with the audio from Garageband in iMovie and line up the audio waveforms (put the clips on maximum zoom) then mute the audio from the camera.
By far the bigger thing to have sorted are the mic(s) and interface, these will have a greater affect.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)
Simon Ambridge 'Hauser' (2018)

barisaxer

Re: How to make a video on a low budget...

Post by barisaxer » Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 am

I have a zoom Q-8 and it works well on my ukuleles. It has two inputs besides some great built in mics. I am hoping it will work well on the classical guitar.

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”