how to record an mp3

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
bond3

Re: how to record an mp3

Post by bond3 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:54 pm

Thanks for info's, very good description, I try it today yet:)

Bond3

johnpollard

Post by johnpollard » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Downloaded today and up and running. GREAT. Thanks a lot.
:guitare:

Elijah

Re:

Post by Elijah » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:33 pm

jacobsonbrandon wrote:Wow! I can't believe how easy it is to record a song and turn it into an mp3 file. If only I knew about this sooner. Just joined delcamp yesterday and already I am recording music on my CG!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
How to make own records was a problem also for me. I tried to find an answer in the Internet. And I discovered Audacity couple months ago. I tried it and I was surprised. No problem! It is very easy with Audacity. A good (and freeware!) program. It allows making records of very high quality because it has a lot of functions, frequency filters and noise reduction among them.

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:09 am

Thanks so much for putting me onto that program! It's brilliant! As a coincidence, I got a microphone just yesterday, but before I saw this thread. I'm very happy:D:D:D:D:D

nico cojo

Post by nico cojo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:59 pm

BobM wrote:Hi everyone, here is an introduction to home recording writen by Marie-Claire in the Dutch forum
Where exactly can I find that Dutch forum ? Me myself I speak Dutch, so it is even easier to read it in Dutch ;)

jcrants

Post by jcrants » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 am

BobM (and Marie-Claire), thanks for this. :bravo: I just assumed recording equipment was currently beyond my means, but on Friday, after reading your post, I downloaded Audacity, stopped by a Radio Shack, and made my first recordings. Total cost: $21.79.

Once I figure out how to make a decent recording, I'll post something. My first attempts weren't terrible, but I think I had the microphone too close to the soundhole - tubby bass, shrill trebles, and string squeaks that sometimes overpowered the music, plus a few stray popping sounds that I'm pretty sure my guitar didn't actually make. Still, it's interesting to be able to hear my playing without needing to think about what my fingers should do next. I can put a lot more thought into what I might want to change next time I play the pieces I've recorded.

Viking800

Post by Viking800 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 pm

As seems to happen to me, the "free"sourceforge link does not want to work but the one I am being asked to pay for does;

I need advice on what to try next please!

meepmeep

Post by meepmeep » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:21 am

You shouldn't be paying for anything available on sourceforge

If the normal links at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ aren't working, then try http://sourceforge.net/project/download ... e&94049227 (assuming you're on windows)

and if this doesn't work, click on the 'select another mirror' link and try from another download location

Viking800

Post by Viking800 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Thanks a lot folks,

I have now got it going; all I need to do now is to make recordings I'm happy with!!

An aside, my posts always show an "edit" button which does not appear on anybody elses- any ideas please?

owl

Post by owl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:09 am

Viking800 wrote:
An aside, my posts always show an "edit" button which does not appear on anybody elses- any ideas please?
You can edit your own posts but no one elses... that's why the edit button only shows up on your own posts... you'll also see a delete button (marked with a cross)
You can delete your own posts until someone posts after you, then that option is lost.
Only mods have the power to edit or delete all posts

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

ummy

Post by ummy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:45 am

great info thnx!!

cn90

Post by cn90 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:42 pm

HOW to record STEREO?

Does anyone know how to make Stereo mp3?
Does Audacity software support Stereo???

1. I have 2 digital microphones.

2. My laptop is Compaq C726NR (just bought in June 2008):
Dual-Core T2370 1.73GHz
1GB RAM
160GB Hard-Drive
DVD+-RW
802.11b/g
Vista Home Premium

TIA....:)

jigsaw

Post by jigsaw » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:17 am

Hi everyone. I have recently joined to forum and find it really helpful. The info on recording is excellent and I have downloaded Audacity and the LAME encoder so that I can create MP3s. Its great to be able to record your playing...I have just realised how much I need to preactice :) .

AlanS

jimc9452

Post by jimc9452 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Newbie question:
Whan I try to open Lame, I get an error message telling me I need a .dll file.
Is there an easy solution to this? Whan I open the web solutions tab, I get a bunch of companies who want to sell me computer utility stuff.
Thanks.
Jim

Richard Walford

Post by Richard Walford » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:23 am

cn90 wrote:...
Does Audacity software support Stereo???

Yes. It is a multitrack recording system. Try it. It's free.

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”