Aguado, Dionisio - Methode / 17 Etude - Video

Audio and video recordings of classical music (1760-1850, e.g. Giuliani, Carcassi, Carulli). Your own interpretations of music that is in the public domain.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
or Mozart, W. A. - K545 Sonata, Allegro - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Au Clair de la Lune - D01 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048).
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
josefmazan

Aguado, Dionisio - Methode / 17 Etude - Video

Post by josefmazan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi everybody,
Aguado's Study No.17: original Aguado's right hand fingering: it's easy and fast.
I hope you'll like it,
have a nice weekend, Josef

RobMacKillop

Re: Aguado, Dionisio - Methode / 17 Etude - Video

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi Josef. It is good that you are looking at Aguado's Method and original fingering for his studies. But where does he mention playing rest strokes? Your interpretation seems needlessly aggressive to me. However, I encourage people to explore different approaches, and many people will like what you do. But your implication is "this is how Aguado played it", which is unlikely. But please prove me wrong! I like to be enlightened. The only time I recall him talking about resting a finger on an adjacent string is when playing a string of two-note chords - diads - in thirds, moving through two strings as if they are one. It's a kind of rest stroke, but not of the type you are doing. Please note I do not mean to attack you - this is all in the spirit of enquiry. Best wishes, Rob.

josefmazan

Post by josefmazan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi Rob,
That's a nice suggestion, I like it!
Indeed, it sounds a bit agressive with the rest stroke. I might change it, i will try. But my point was to let people focus on the fact, that after a legato you can use any of the fingers, even one which played before the legato. With this fingering, you get close to imim.., only you replace one m with the legato. In many modern editions, there is i-mi m-im, which is not necessary. And, I don't say Aguado played it with a rest stroke. Although, it always seems to me his style could have been influenced by a flamenco technique. Sor spoke about him in this manner, seems to me. But from your point, i can see you care about the sound a lot, and it is always good. Thanks for inspiration, Josef

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Cheers, Josef. I get your point.

RHSOldboy

Post by RHSOldboy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:21 am

Great playing! I enjoyed listening.

josefmazan

Post by josefmazan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks a lot, RHSOldboy