Anon. - Canción tradicional catalana

Audio and video recordings of classical music (1760-1850, e.g. Giuliani, Carcassi, Carulli). Your own interpretations of music that is in the public domain.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
or Mozart, W. A. - K545 Sonata, Allegro - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Au Clair de la Lune - D01 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048).
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Piffles

Anon. - Canción tradicional catalana

Post by Piffles » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:39 pm

Hello folks!

A nice, short melody I came across in a study book. Anything that sounds half decent and am able to play I record, so here it is for you.

I don't know its title, the book just says "Traditional Catalan", so if anybody recognizes it (which would be a small miracle given my abilities on guitar :strizzalocchio: ), please tell us what it's called.

As always, I'm grateful for any comments, good or bad, they're REALLY a great motivation for going on and learning new pieces.

:bye:
Piffles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

owl

Post by owl » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:46 pm

Hello Piffles... really nicely done :bravo:
I enjoyed this piece very much :casque:
:merci: for playing for us

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

tarrega61

unknown Catalan

Post by tarrega61 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:09 pm

:sigaretta:
I dont think you should under value your ability because that sounded mighty fine from my vantage point.
I dont know the name of the piece but any traditional Catalan music that I have heard is exceptionally beautiful. Have you heard
EL NOY DE LA MARE (thechild of the mother)?
Again your post was most enjoyable; I am however, wondering what that unusual looking object your holding, in your avatar is :?:
Keep posting Piffles Tarrega61

mika

Post by mika » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:23 pm

It' a really nice piece!

:bravo: :merci:

..the sound is great.

Piffles

Post by Piffles » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:35 pm

Thanks for your comment everyone.

BTW, Tarrega61, the guy on my avatar is not me, it's Mark Knopfler, best known for his time as lead singer and guitarist of Dire Straits.

I do know El Noi de la Mare, I have an interpretation by Narciso Yepes but it's attributed to Andrés Segovia (or so it says on my CD booklet), so I guess we can't post that one. It's a really nice melody though, one of my favourites actually.

hav

Post by hav » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:18 am

Hey Piffles :okok: nice one!! I liked that a LOT!! The only advice I would even begn to offer would be to maybe lighten up on the RH just a bit and let the "haunt" come through a bit more (does that make sense?)

Still - very nicely done guy!! Thanks!!

Piffles

Post by Piffles » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:17 pm

Hav, not quite sure what you mean by the "haunt". I'm guessing you mean to make it sound more open, wider, more spacey.

I'm not convinced it has to do with my picking. I've never noticed that others play less hard than me. My dad assures me it doesn't sound as "plink, plonk" when I play than on the recording, so I'm inclined to think it has more to do with recording conditions. I've been trying to fix the problem of my recordings sounding too closed and percussive but haven't come up with a satisfying solution.

1st solution was moving the mic further away but I get too much noise then. So, at the moment, I play with close miking and add a little software echo afterwards. I think the main problem is my room (where I record): it has a carpet and bits and pieces everywhere with basically attenuate any kind of reflections I might get. I'll have to try the bathroom just once, just to see if there's an appreciable difference.

Thanks for the input anyhow, it's extra motivation to go and bug everybody by using the bathroom :lol:

Langvarig

Re: Anon. - Canción tradicional catalana

Post by Langvarig » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:44 pm

A nice one from archives .... Nobody seem to have recognized the melody?
Regards
John

RaphaelPazos

Post by RaphaelPazos » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:16 am

That was lovely piffles, thank you very much for sharing it with us.

MikeTaylor
Student of the online lessons

Post by MikeTaylor » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:25 am

Very nice piece and well played
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to"
"I don't much care where–"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Pixie