Greetings from Dublin

Mr.Rain

Greetings from Dublin

Post by Mr.Rain » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:28 am

Hi all,

I am Spaniard living in Irleand (over 5 years now...time flies). As many other fellow delcampers I felt the call of the classical guitar later in life (essentially after I blown one of my ears due to an ottitis, and had to give up on electric guitar) , classical guitar offered me a way to get back to music and keep playing Bach :mrgreen: .

Along the years I thought myself to read music and to play guitar (to the extent of being able to play recuerdos or other relatively demanding pieces).I have some friends school trained on classical guitar, but never took lessons (weird working hours, so I have to thanks Yamaha for their silent guitars :wink: )

On the last year I developed RSI in both hands due to my job (IT consulting....), another reason more to refocus myself into small scale instruments, as that is the only my hand can barely take in (I have 630mm panormo replica that became my bread and butter but I miss somehow big body guitars..).

Hope to have a good time around.

Cheers!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Greetings from Dublin

Post by GeoffB » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Mr. Rain,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings, as well as the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

simonm

Re: Greetings from Dublin

Post by simonm » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:47 pm

Given your pseudo name if you ever go back to Spain, you could settle in Santiago de Compostela. :-)

It rains way more there than it does in Dublin. Dublin is as dry as Almeria compared to Santiago (slight exaggeration there ;-)). It is the only place I have ever lived where the rain comes up, as well as down, sideways, across, around ….

Dublin gets something in the order of 20 inches (roughly 500 l/m2) of rain a year whereas santiago gets something 65. (Roughly 1700 l/m). Way back (1990's) when Iberia's Ronda magazine had a weather/climate page for the month in question, the only cities with higher rainfall than Santiago seemed to be always tropical places in the monsoon/rainy season. :-)

Return to “Introduce yourself”