Hi I'm Glen. A few facts about me and my musical life:
1. Age: I'm younger than Christopher Parkening and older than Ana Vidovic.
2. I took piano lessons for 3 years, from age 9-11.
3. I did it to please a parent.
4. I was a very bad, unmotivated piano student.
5. I made my piano teacher retire.
After 3 years of having me as her student, my piano teacher retired. To this day, I am firmly convinced that it was my poor performance that drove her to retire.
6. I played the trumpet in junior/senior high school. I loved the rock group Chicago (and still do). My plan was to replace Lee Loughnane when he retired from the band. He is in his 70's, has never played better and shows no signs of retiring, and I haven't touched a trumpet since high school. Trumpet players make great kissers- great pucker power and breath control.
7. I played acoustic guitar briefly in high school, on a terrible sounding $50 guitar.
8. I've played a Classical/Spanish guitar since, um, Tuesday.
9. I have enjoyed Classical and Spanish guitar music for decades (especially Spanish). I always told myself I should learn how to play, but never did. In the midst of a life-threatening illness, I vowed that if I recovered I would learn how to play. After recovering and after paying some medical bills, I began saving for a nice guitar.
10. I have recently purchased a 2016 Francisco Navarro Garcia Grand Concert Rodriquez Model. Some day I hope to do it justice.