Greetings From Rockford, Illinois

Jules27

Greetings From Rockford, Illinois

Post by Jules27 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:51 am

My name is Julie. I am new to the Forum and excited to join the conversation. I have played guitar since age nine and classical guitar since 17. That means I have been playing guitar for nearly four decades! I took lessons from age nine to 13, then again from 17 to 19, and then again from about 27 to 31 or so. I briefly taught lessons, but feel I do not possess the "teaching gene." Guitar has always been my primary instrument, although I have dabbled in piano and trumpet (a long time ago). I have also rung and/or directed handbells for many years, currently serving as Director of Handbell Ministries at my church. While I played standard guitar repertoire for many years, being particularly fond of the "Capricho Arabe," I have become quite interested in contemporary classical guitar composers in recent years. I am currently polishing up "Lejos de Casa" by Maximo Diego Pujol and "Prelude of Tears" by Adrian Andrei. Other recent pieces include, "Sunday Morning Overcast" by Andrew York, "Through the Silence" by Giorgio Mirto and "Syngange Strenger" by Oyvind Lyslo. :D

I perform on two concert classicals: A 1996 Jose Ramirez 1A (Cedar/Indian Rosewood) and a 2013 Joshia de Jonge (Spruce/Indian Rosewood). :)

oski79

Re: Greetings From Rockford, Illinois

Post by oski79 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:29 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”