Greetings from Southern California

JTay247

Greetings from Southern California

Post by JTay247 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:37 am

Hello,
My name is Jeff and have been a long time reader of this forum on and off. I play classical guitar at the intermediate level and am also a part of a large classical guitar ensemble at a local community college.

I’ve also recently been playing electric guitar in a jazz big band and am learning the ways of fitting in Guitar in that type of situation.

Im looking to be part of a classical guitar study group where we build solo repertoire section by section each week and by being committed to the group we in a way hold each other accountable to do the work etc and ultimately have pieces of music to show for it.

I’ve been playing guitar for quite sometime now but often times feel like I don’t have anything to show for it. My main goal now is to build repertoire so I actually have complete pieces to play in case I want to do a gig or just play something for someone at a moments notice. Hoping to get focused and stop changing my mind so much and bouncing back and forth between technical exercises etc and actually use my time to learn freaking music!!

Thank you!

Jeff

oski79

Re: Greetings from Southern California

Post by oski79 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:32 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

JTay247

Re: Greetings from Southern California

Post by JTay247 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Thanks so much Oski!

Jeff

Return to “Introduce yourself”