Hello from Egypt ,Magdy :D

Magdy Shehata

Hello from Egypt ,Magdy :D

Post by Magdy Shehata » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Hello everyone :D
My name is Magdy ,I've had my giutar for like 2 years now , I once saw this video of John williams playing Asturias and I said , i wanna be like this , i wanna play this piece just like he does .Then i got my classical guitar and then started self-learning ,and that's when my problem started , i'm just there don't know where to begin or how so i got some tutorial videos of the pieces i want to play like asturias even though i was a beginner , so i got it all wrong with right hand position and some other stuff , i got other videos of basic lessons and got them right :D ..
Again another problem with reading sheet music but got over it and learned how to read a simple sheet music but still the problem of not having a curriculum to go by , and i find playing by ear and reading sheet music is very confusing and still a bunch of basic stuff i don't know ..
So i hope here i will be an effective member and we can share music :D

simonm

Re: Hello from Egypt ,Magdy :D

Post by simonm » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi Magdy,

Welcome to the forum.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We recommend that members put their location in their profile. This enables people answering questions to provide local information if appropriate. Click on your name, then "edit profile" and you will see the various options.

Cheers,

Simon

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:09 am

Hi Magdy,

welcome to the forum.
Learning the classical guitar on your own is a very hard project and starting with Asturias is the wrong end to begin with.
Best recommendation: find a teacher for classical guitar.
If that's not possible, you might join the online lessons
offered here in the forum. The graded collections of scores used in the lessons can be found here:
Delcamp scores D01..D03
Classical guitar method books can help you to learn more about the instrument and reading scores, you find them
here
If you find the wealth of material confusing, start with the introducing volume of the Pascual Roch method - or if
possible, you can buy a method book like Christopher Parkening's Guitar Method vol. 1.

Bernhard

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:18 am

Bernhard offers very good advice. I fully endorse it.

The classical guitar is a lot harder than it appears on YouTube. Go slowly and enjoy the journey.

Return to “Introduce yourself”