Greeting from someone who wants to learn!

NotSoOrdinary

Greeting from someone who wants to learn!

Post by NotSoOrdinary » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:48 am

Hey everyone, hope you all are enjoying your holidays! This year for Christmas I was given a collection of old photos of my now deceased father who apparently was an avid guitar player in his youth. When I was travelling last year I realized that a musician can make some good money when they are travelling and that started me thinking about learning how to play, then getting these photos of my dad and his guitar made me think about it again and I think this time I will finally make the leap and purchase a guitar/learn to play it. I am a huge fan of guitar music but have never even tried to play one but I would really love to learn and I think a nice classic six string would be the perfect guitar for me to learn on. Thanks for reading this everyone!

oski79

Re: Greeting from someone who wants to learn!

Post by oski79 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:16 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

NotSoOrdinary

Re: Greeting from someone who wants to learn!

Post by NotSoOrdinary » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks oski79, I will be reading through the FAQs and a lot more I am sure in the next few days now that the festivities have calmed down!

Return to “Introduce yourself”