Hello from Canada!

Hello from Canada!

Post by yechanni » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Hello, I am super excited to learn how to play guitar! I have always been a drummer at my local church and thought that learning how to play the guitar would be the coolest thing ever!

I have absolutely no experience in playing the guitar and I look forward to and appreciate any guidance that anyone can give me! (I do not even know how to hold a guitar).

Truthfully speaking, I am not financially secured in any way and buying my guitar itself was a huge investment for me and as such, I would appreciate any directions that someone can give a total novice such as me!

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Canada!

Post by George Crocket » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello yechanni. Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. We all started as beginners, so we know how you feel. As a drummer, though, you start with the advantage of having a feel for rhythm - a big plus. Have a look around the forum and you will find lots of areas that will be helpful to you. Whenever you feel the need, ask a question. Our members will give you plenty of advice.

Please start by having a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:17 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Jules Wilkins
Student of the online lessons

Post by Jules Wilkins » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Where in Canada do you hail from? Surrey BC here. Join the free lessons. Although I have played (sort of) for a while I started in level 1 and am learning a lot. The good thing is that your fellow students will offer advice to you as you struggle. If you haven't yet got a guitar, look for nylon strings for sure and a solid wood top. The back and sides can be plywood as they don't contribute as much to the sound. Do lots of research on what to look for and how to judge the condition of the guitar, then find one second hand. I paid $250 for mine and it is perfectly adequate for now. I am assuming you are leaning towards classical guitar playing. Learn this and strumming chords by the campfire will come easy. Learn strumming first and you will have an uphill battle trying to learn how to play the guitar well later on. My opinion at least.
"We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve." — Bill Gates
"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement." — unknown

Return to “Introduce yourself”