Greetings from Paraíba

Greetings from Paraíba

Post by mciacchi » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:31 am

Hi! My name is Matteo Ciacchi and I recently graduated in classical guitar at the Federal University of Paraíba, a state in northeastern Brazil. I started playing the classical guitar a little more than 10 years ago, and I was always more interested in modern repertoire, especially Leo Brouwer. Yet I struggled a long time to find a body of works that satisfied me. More recently I began to approach the guitar in a different way, and instead of searching for guitar pieces that interested me, I started using the guitar in a way that interested me. I acquainted myself with the music of John Cage and others of his generation, and I was very welcomed by the openness of instrumentation and the freedom to use the sound in a particular way. Basically I now try to treat the classical guitar in an attitude similar to people in groups like AMM, Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza, Musica Elettronica Viva and others in the same vein. I hope I can find people who share this rather unorthodox way to treat the guitar, that I know is not so popular with most classical guitarists. Cheers!

Re: Greetings from Paraíba

Post by oski79 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Re: Greetings from Paraíba

Post by Luuttuaja » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:19 am

Hello Matteo, welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introduce yourself”