Greetings from Texas

morningstarguitar

Greetings from Texas

Post by morningstarguitar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Hello everyone! I am excited to take part in this community and to share many things together. Here are my answers to the basic questions in the FAQ section on how to write a great introduction:

1) Do you play guitar? Are you a lover of guitar music, but don't play yourself? Are you a Luthier?
I do play guitar.
2) How long have you played? What is your experience? How old (young) were you when you started? Or did you just start last week?
I have been playing 10 years beginning when I was almost 18 years old. Before that I was a very bad violin student. Guitar gave me a whole new outlook on music!
3) Do you take lessons? Or are you self-taught? Are you a teacher of Classical Guitar?
I take lessons and I give lessons. I have been learning in university for 7 years (I am working on my master's degree)
4) Did you start with another type of guitar or musical instrument, and then discover the Classical Guitar?
As stated above, I started with the violin and some piano but they never excited me like the guitar did the moment I played my first "classical" piece. Plus I like the people better!
5) What type of music are you particularly interested in? What pieces are you currently working on?
I love playing flamenco but I focus on classical guitar. Right now I am working on JS Bach's BWV 997, two Takemitsu arrangements, two of Roland Dyens' 3 Polyglottes, Fernando Sor's Grand Solo and a theme and variation of my own.
6) Do you have a large gap in your life when you stopped playing the guitar?
I had bilateral arm pain for two years during my undergrad. Needless to say, I am now a sort of expert when it comes to figuring out sources of pain and solving the problem.
7) And so on! Anything that you wish to share with us will be much appreciated.
I am a composer, performer and teacher. I also direct the guitar ensemble at The Unitversity of Texas San Antonio. I have competed in a duo and solo and plan to do more. I want to visit other countries after I graduate. I've only ever been to Cuba and it was a fantastic experience.

simonm

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by simonm » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Welcome to the Delcamp forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started again please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

FHC

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by FHC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56 am

Great introduction! Welcome.

Return to “Introduce yourself”