Greetings from south California (Redlands)

Alexey Korobko
Amateur luthier

Greetings from south California (Redlands)

Post by Alexey Korobko » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi, my name is Alexey and as title says I am from so called Inland Empire.

I still consider myself as novice guitar player. That is a hobby, but really the one I love. I take classical guitar lessons weekly and practice daily. My current skills allow me to play simple things by just sight reading and more complicated ones with practice (e.g. Villa Lobos preludes).

I am 36 years old and I have touched guitar 2 years ago for the first time :) When I was a kid, I took lessons for piano and thought that it is the only instrument worth playing. Haha. Years later, the friend of mine gave me guitar (some Stratocaster), so, I can try. That was a moment of realization. I fell in love. That was a whole new world and the first time in my life I have realized how big and complex it is.

I started slowly, got my first guitar (not really knowing what I need). It was Line 6 Variax. That allowed me to start slowly by watching Justin guitar videos. Couple guitars later, I have got steel string Taylor 4 series guitar and decided that it is time to get serious and hire an instructor. Of course, I thought that steel string is what I need, even before checking with my teacher first :) Well, I love that guitar, but finally getting the one from Lucio Nunez.

Sorry for lengthy introduction...

So, I am taking lessons for a year now. So, I would say that I am passionate novice player who still takes his first lessons.

On a side, I also have made an Les Paul replica. I do not really play electric guitars though.
If you want to see it, I have documented the whole process step by step at

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Alexey Korobko on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George Crocket

Re: Greetings from south California (Redlands)

Post by George Crocket » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Alexey. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the interesting introduction.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Since you have posted two messages already, you can access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”