introduction

AntonyFinch

introduction

Post by AntonyFinch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have been asked to write an introduction.

My names Antony, I have been playing guitar for 20 years and classical guitar for around 10 years with a focus on writing and arranging original music. I like to experiment and also play folk cross over fingerpicking and write mostly instrumental music.

I also set-up classical guitars as a technician which I have been doing for around 3 years , although I have set-up a few hundred guitars already and hand shape luthier parts, i'm usually looking to see if a bone nut and saddle can improve a guitars tone which is not always the case as it depends what you are looking to achieve.

I have an interest in vintage classical guitars and a lot coming from Japan in the 70s (K.Yairi, Kohno, Sakurai etc) and i'm always on the look out for rare and unusual makers and models from all over.

I also trade in classical guitars which is challenging and rewarding and have a good memory for any guitar that has caught my eye (or ear).

I don't deal in high end classical guitars and try and look for affordable guitars that don't break the bank for people but I set them up to that they dance toe-to-toe with guitars way above their price range and I like to see what a guitar can really do.

A guitars set-up can really let it down and not tell you very much about the guitars real potencial. I'm not here to sell myself as a technician, I work in my own way which is hands on and more about feeling my way around a guitar until it comes out on top.

I work instinctively and intuitively which is when my best work is done.

I'm here to talk about classical guitars so hopefully I am in the right place and also for trades and to help people that might be looking for a guitar as well as improve my own knowledge.

Hello all!

Antony
Last edited by AntonyFinch on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oski79

Re: introduction

Post by oski79 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here areMssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on that.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

AntonyFinch

Post by AntonyFinch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Thank you, I will read all of the rules and guidelines and get a feel for how it works as I am new to forums .

Antony

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Greetings from down the road in Dorset 8)

Questions about set-up regularly appear so you should have some scope for input there!
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Introduce yourself”