Greetings!

andrei

Greetings!

Post by andrei » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi, all

My name is Andrei, and I have been playing classical guitar (self taught) for two years.
I discovered that for me learning guitar is like spending time with a friend who is always there, and always speaks the truth about my state of mind.
I am in my forties, so I have no plans to became a guitar master. I have no plans in the near future to start learning with a teacher either, although I'd like to. Nevertheless, I'm trying my very best each time a play guitar, and I think I am improving. Slowly.

But learning guitar playing is not the primary reason I joined this community.
After playing for some months I came up with the idea of making a guitar for myself. No need to tell you that everybody thought I was crazy: no workshop to work in, no space indoors, and basically only the tools you could expect to find in an average home (like a screwdriver, hammer and a rasp). But if you add an electric saw and 3 clamps to this tool box then you can build a silent guitar (with a classical neck, of course).
That is what I did, and I came up with a wonderful instrument I could play while everybody was asleep.
During this process (that took about five months to complete) this site was a wonderful resource, not only of knowledge, but of inspiration and of courage that it can be done.

I also have a proper classical guitar which I play whenever I can.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Best regards,

Andrei
Last edited by andrei on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonm

Re: Greetings!

Post by simonm » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Welcome to the forum Andrei,

Glad you have found it useful.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile". You may have already noticed that way that there are some Rumanians on the forum.

Regards,

Simon

Return to “Introduce yourself”