Greetings from Texas

Dartez82

Greetings from Texas

Post by Dartez82 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:41 pm

I have been playing the classical guitar for 10 years. I started playing and taking lessons when I was 26 years. I took lessons for 9 years from 4 different teachers (2 hobbyists and 2 professionals) in the Houston Area and online lessons with Jason Vieaux. Prior to playing the guitar, at age 20, I learned to play the trumpet. After two years of lessons I made 3rd chair in the University of Texas- Austin Symphony. It was a great experience, even though I wasn't all that good.

I love playing the guitar. It is a hobby I am very passionate about. I'm currently playing Sor, Regondi, Barrios, Brouwer, and hymn arrangements. I've performed in a number of settings such as weddings, guitar club meetings, holiday parties, and recently starting playing solo arrangements at my church.

The guitars I have owned are Francisco Navarro Constructor Classical (Student Model), Cervantes Millenia Studio PE, Cervantes Signature Master Millennia.

I have learned a ton from reading this forum and I look forward to participating and sharing my experiences.

simonm

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by simonm » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Return to “Introduce yourself”