Greetings from the Sunshine State

markw51

Greetings from the Sunshine State

Post by markw51 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:29 pm

My name is Mark. I have been playing guitar in various forms since I was a child. I'm now retired working as a part time tour guide.

I took classical guitar lessons for about a year from a teacher in Baltimore who graduated from Peabody in Baltimore. I wish I could remember his name but that was about 30 years ago. That's the only formal training I have in classical. I was working at WBAL radio at the time. He had a great sounding guitar from a luthier in California I believe. If he's on here please send me a message so I can say hello.

Since then I have played other forms of guitar but always go back. I'm also a five string banjo player - bluegrass style. How's that for a dichotomy?

I just bought a used Cordoba Fusion 14. That decision was made now that I'm trying to learn how to play Sevilla. Tradition is nice but no way I'm going to be trying that tune without a cutaway. For the past couple of years I've been using a Yamaha flamenco guitar but it sounds dull and muddy. This Cordoba sounds a lot clearer with nice separation between the notes.

George Crocket

Re: Greetings from the Sunshine State

Post by George Crocket » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi Mark. Welcome to the forum. Retirement and classical guitar are a great fit. :chitarrista:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Have fun.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”