My first time here at the classical guitar forum

thomasonedin

My first time here at the classical guitar forum

Post by thomasonedin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi!

Swedish, west coast. I have been playing guitar for more than 15 years and only last year started interesting myself in classical guitar. Started dabbling on my mothers old Ibanez and ended up with an Esteve guitar which has treated me really good.

When I was 13 or so and started getting serious about the guitar, I saw Li Jie playing Paganini and Barrios and it all seemed like "I have to practice sooooo much to be able to play that". I also saw the video with Segovia talking about the timbres of the guitar. These videos never left my memory and somehow they forced me to give classical guitar a go. I'm glad I did because playing has never been more fun! A lot of practice, but endless fun.

My main issue with playing is I want to play everything at once. Being a fast but impatient learner I end up being furious at myself and just continue to play the same pieces over and over again. I'm hoping to gain insight in how people build a repertoire and widen their musical horizons as far as pieces/composers go. Maybe I'll even contribute with something, who knows?
Last edited by thomasonedin on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonm

Re: My first (+1) time here at the classical guitar forum

Post by simonm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Hello.

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

- Li Jie is one of the best players around. Seems she prefers to teach than tour.

Regards,

Simon

Return to “Introduce yourself”