Greetings from San Francisco

ABCGist

Greetings from San Francisco

Post by ABCGist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:24 am

Hello,

I am a classical guitarist, originally from the Los Angeles area, and am currently studying guitar performance in San Francisco.
I have been playing for about eight years with a break of a couple years in the middle. I’ve found reading these forums over the last couple years to be very helpful, especially when first picking up the guitar again, after not having played for an extended time.

It is a pleasure to meet everyone,
Austin

oski79

Re: Greetings from San Francisco

Post by oski79 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here areMssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on that.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Whiteagle

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:38 am

Welcome to the forum Austin. Are you doing a musical degree or just studying privately?

ABCGist

Post by ABCGist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm

thank you for welcoming me to the site. I appreciate the rundown as well, it will be very helpful as I get acclimated.
I’m am working on my undergrad degree in classical guitar performance, and just started my second semester last week. It’s been pretty amazing to be able to put all my time and focus on playing the guitar, and on music in general. Although it does get a little stressful, and can be pretty exhausting at times, haha

Whiteagle

Post by Whiteagle » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 am

ABCGist wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm
thank you for welcoming me to the site. I appreciate the rundown as well, it will be very helpful as I get acclimated.
I’m am working on my undergrad degree in classical guitar performance, and just started my second semester last week. It’s been pretty amazing to be able to put all my time and focus on playing the guitar, and on music in general. Although it does get a little stressful, and can be pretty exhausting at times, haha
I just listened to an interview with Judicael Perroy. Who is your teacher?

Return to “Introduce yourself”