Hello from Denver Colorado

ThomasEdwardStickel

Hello from Denver Colorado

Post by ThomasEdwardStickel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 pm

My first experience with classical guitar was seeing Christopher Parkening in the 60's. Then I wanted to play. I had taken piano and violin previously but now this was what I wanted to do. Later I studied classical guitar in college, but later the responsibilities of a career, a family, and raising two children kept me from playing. Now I am approaching retirement and I plan on taking up guitar again. However I can now afford a much nicer guitar. I have been acquiring music from this site which is just awesome.
Regards, Thomas Stickel

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Denver Colorado

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello Thomas and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Welcome Denver from Westminster!
Amalio Burguet 1A Spruce
Takamine C-132S

cliffbryant

Post by cliffbryant » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 pm

And welcome from Colorado Springs!

fretter

Post by fretter » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 am

Hello and welcome, Thomas. Also in Colorado. I saw Christopher Parkening in Denver while I was in college, taking classical guitar as an extra class, and that did it for me; I realized it was in my blood. I will never be the player I wish I were, but at least I'll be a player. I truly hope you enjoy your newer guitar. You deserve it.

Return to “Introduce yourself”