Greetings from Chicagoland

Larry

Greetings from Chicagoland

Post by Larry » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:43 pm

I am a classical guitar novice, but I have owned and played various acoustic and electric guitars over many years. I found this forum to be very helpful in navigating my purchase of a classical guitar (used La Patrie Collection), and that's what brings me to join today. Currently, I'm working my way through Volume 1 of the Parkening Method book. Cheers :!:

simonm

Re: Greetings from Chicagoland

Post by simonm » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

rpavich

Post by rpavich » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Welcome!
Novice here also. I just bought a Yamaha GC22. I start my first lesson tomorrow, I can't wait!

If you haven't read the Christopher Parkening book "Grace like a River" I'd recommend it. It's sort of his story.
Asturias AST-100-heavily modified by Robert England.

Rick Hutt

Post by Rick Hutt » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Welcome from Oak Park. Enjoy the forum, Larry!
2010 Pimentel & Sons Concert Grand
1970 Taurus (Barcelona)
2009 Ramundi flamenco blanca
1962 Martin 0-16
2000 Martin 000-18
1963 Epiphone 12 Str

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 pm

rpavich wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm
Welcome!
Novice here also. I just bought a Yamaha GC22. I start my first lesson tomorrow, I can't wait!

If you haven't read the Christopher Parkening book "Grace like a River" I'd recommend it. It's sort of his story.
Thanks for the book suggestion - enjoying his method book but don't otherwise know much about Mr. Parkening. That Yamaha model looks sweet! Is it a cedar or spruce top? I was considering a Yamaha CG192 when I was looking, but found a good deal on a used La Patrie instead.

rpavich

Post by rpavich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Larry wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 pm
rpavich wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm
Welcome!

Thanks for the book suggestion - enjoying his method book but don't otherwise know much about Mr. Parkening. That Yamaha model looks sweet! Is it a cedar or spruce top? I was considering a Yamaha CG192 when I was looking, but found a good deal on a used La Patrie instead.
Hey Larry,
It's spruce. It's the first spruce top I've had, the previous couple have been cedar. Those La Patrie look good.
Asturias AST-100-heavily modified by Robert England.

Return to “Introduce yourself”