Greetings from florida !

jazznylon

Greetings from florida !

Post by jazznylon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 am

I'm no good at introductions but here goes !

I started playing classical guitar for about 7-8 years. First few years of playing I recieved instructions from a wonderful guitar teacher who taught me the ropes of how to play the instrument (thank god lol). Currently I'm not taking lessons.

The music I'm particularly interested is jazz but there is something I can learn from classical pieces and etudes too. I have tuned my guitar in major thirds for about two years now so for the moment I'm just re-learning pieces that I have played in standard while searching for new ones to play. Its kind of a gamble sometimes though, some pieces are pretty much unplayable (Like I just found out that villa-lobos etude 7 wouldn't work due to the arpeggio section). But anyways, nice to meet you fellow guitar people :bye:

simonm

Re: Greetings from florida !

Post by simonm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:28 am

Hello jazznylon,

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

- While Jazz is not a major focus here, you will find some members who do play in the direction and of course even Julian Bream played some Jazz. The late and great Dyens certainly had a foot in the jazz camp and for my way of thinking Ida Presti had a very jazzy sound too.

Regards,

Simon

jazznylon

Re: Greetings from florida !

Post by jazznylon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Thanks simonm.

Actually I think I'm taking back on what I said about etude 7 villa lobos being unplayable in this tuning. I may be able to get through it after all haha

Return to “Introduce yourself”