Greetings from rainy Gent, Belgium

GeertWil

Greetings from rainy Gent, Belgium

Post by GeertWil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:17 am

I am playing guitar for decades now. I used to play blues, folk and ragtime related staff, occasionaly stepping aside to classical music. In september 2017 I started to take lessons classical guitar in my home time (after six years of jazz guitar in the same school). The switch to classical guitar was much harder than I expected. As a blues and jazz player I was not very aware of tone production. So I played (and still play) quite messy. This is the thing I am working on for the moment.
I'm also transcribing etudes from Sor, Carcassi, Giuliani and Carulli in Musescore. I saw a lot of the etudes were not available yet in musescore, so I'm trying to fill in that gap.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from rainy Gent, Belgium

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:56 am

Hello Geert and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:25 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

fretter

Post by fretter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:54 am

Hello, rainy Belgium. This must mean you don't need a guitar humidifier? :-) The blues is something I touched on with piano, but didn't get far. I like the blues. (When you can't play, listen.) It's interesting to hear that playing classical is so different from playing the blues. Anyway, thank you for transcribing etudes! It's nice that you're among us.

Return to “Introduce yourself”