Hello, greetings from miami.

Harold1991

Hello, greetings from miami.

Post by Harold1991 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:04 am

I’ve been googling and led back to this site quite often, so I decided to join and here I am. I’m Harold. I’m 27, and a complete guitar/music beginner at times.

I’ve been messing with electric guitars and learning what I can learn by listening to very simple punk rock riffs as there are 1,000’s of somewhat interesting and artistic bands in this genre, and I simply love it more than all the other rock genres. People say punk is terrible but some could say a lot of 60’s bands were proto-punk as well. I listen to a lot of music, but play poorly, tabs never made sense to me other than monkeying what it said, and recently I decided to change that.

Less than a year ago I started to buy music books and tried to teach myself theory every day with some understanding, but decided I was still not on the right path to successfully playing the guitar. So, what could I do? I ran into a friend of my father who is an amazing guitar player and does lessons. We talked and he agreed to give me lessons under the condition that I have to progress or he won’t waste his time. I’ve been on this journey so far, for two months. I love practicing guitar now that I have a teacher and I had never had a nylon string before, either! I’m here mostly to search for questions I have to ask, or ask myself, learn as much as I can from others, and be immersed in the classical guitar culture for the first time.

I hope to learn to enjoy this instrument and learn as much as I can. If I become a better musician for it, I’ll be happy.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello, greetings from miami.

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:28 am

Hello Harold and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

rpavich

Post by rpavich » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 am

Greetings!

You've done a good thing; getting lessons. It's good to have someone who's knowledgable see what you cannot.

My story is similar to yours, I've been playing 40 years; rock and blues. 10 year break and came back to classical and now have a teacher.

I'm enthusiastic but very much a beginner.
Asturias AST-100-heavily modified by Robert England.

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 am

Welcome! miami looks like a classical guitar right hand fingering!

Return to “Introduce yourself”