Hello from Philadelphia, PA

DavidEsterkin

Hello from Philadelphia, PA

Post by DavidEsterkin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Hello, my name is David, and I live in the suburban Philadelphia area.

About a month ago, I started dabbling with an acoustic guitar we have in the house. I did not take any lessons. I practiced exercises from a few sites online.

After a little while, I realized I am more interested in the classical style, and just got my own classical guitar yesterday. I started searching around for online classical guitar resources, and found this site. This looks like a friendly community, and there are a lot of great materials here.

So, here I am joining, introducing myself, and looking forward to learning from (and hopefully sharing with) all of you!

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Philadelphia, PA

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello David and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

fraim

Post by fraim » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:08 am

hi david & welcome to the site!
i'm an ex-pat born & raised south philly guy now living in...ahem...dallas (7yrs).
hope you stick with classical, it's an amazing ride!

fly eagles fly....super bowl champs!!!

otirroz

Post by otirroz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello David, and welcome to the forum.

You will find this place friendly and informative, where you should get answers to most of your guitar-related questions (and to some not so guitar-related), and also find well edited and user friendly scores for you to print out and get started. And much more.

Also, congratulations to the Eagles on their Super Bowl win (finally).

Otirroz

Return to “Introduce yourself”