Learning Guitar in Bangalore India

ninja

Learning Guitar in Bangalore India

Post by ninja » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 am

Hello there,

I am a 50+ year old homosapien who has finally managed to find a teacher in my city who is willing to teach me classical guitar.. I have always been a awestruck listener of classical guitar, ever since I bought an LP of Segovia some 30 years ago while looking for flamenco music.

It always sounded to complex a skill to master. took me all these years to muster up the courage to try.. I have a Manuel Rodriguez C1, not sure if it is a good guitar... sounds good.. and besides it was the only one available at the my local guitar shop.

I have started with Frederick Noad's books.

Any advice, guidance would be welcome, even some guidance on where to go find info relevant to beginners on this forum.. ( seems like a HUGE repository of knowledge,, might spend quite some getting lost in the experts corners!!)

Anyway .. it is beginning.. and needless to say very happy to have found a forum like this..

Will keep posting on the status of the race to get my fingers to dance on the fretboard, as I have seen some maestro's do..

NG.
NG

Erik Zurcher

Re: Learning Guitar in Bangalore India

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:37 am

Hello NG and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

fretter

Re: Learning Guitar in Bangalore India

Post by fretter » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:50 am

Greetings, ninja! Coincidentally, I'm a homosapien as well. I'm excited for you and your new direction. I'd love to get a good guitar and find a good teacher and start again. (And I do hope your teacher is good. If not, find another one. You're the boss.) Hope you enjoy your guitar.

Return to “Introduce yourself”