Hello again from Chicagoland

zenking

Hello again from Chicagoland

Post by zenking » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi,

I have in the past been a member but have not visited recently so I'm starting over again. :D

I have been playing guitar for almost 50 years (I am turning 60 in a few weeks). I have a BA in music from the DePaul University school of music where I studied with Richard Pick and previously with Steve Suvada. I am hoping to record a CD in my home so that there is a recording of myself playing before my aging hands betray me. The only other recording is a cassette mastered to CD from about 1995.

I feel that though I am not as technically gifted as many other guitarists, I am strong in the area of interpretation.

Hopefully I can once again contribute to this fantastic site.

zenking

simonm

Re: Hello again from Chicagoland

Post by simonm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Welcome back to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started again please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

TimButterfield

Re: Hello again from Chicagoland

Post by TimButterfield » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:34 am

Hi, zenking. Welcome back to the Delcamp forums. I used to be near Chicago, in Des Plaines. Like you, my membership lapsed when I started moving, didn't get online for a long time, and I had to rejoin. I miss the access to so many guitar events like you have in or near Chicago. I wish you the best on your recording.

Tim

Return to “Introduce yourself”