Hello from Australia! And help identifying a tune

marble-bar

Hello from Australia! And help identifying a tune

Post by marble-bar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:40 am

Hello!
I'm a 40 year old man in Sydney Australia. I'm teaching my son to play classical guitar. I remember the following simple learner's piece from my childhood days. I forget the second part but what I really want to know is: Who is the composer? I'd love the sheet music.

Here is a very amateur rendition of me playing it :-) Any idenification ideas welcome! Glad I found this forum!

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-tee-186807636/guitar

Regards
Andrew from Sydney

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Australia! And help identifying a tune

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 am

Hello Andrew and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 am

Hi Andrew!

The piece you are looking for is Carcassi, op. 60, no. 7.
You can find the score here (scroll down the page):
http://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com/ ... cassi.html

And, if played fast, it's not a beginner's piece, in fact a tremolo practice study.
Bernhard

DerekB

Post by DerekB » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:28 am

Gohar Vardanyan has a lesson on this study on the Strings by Mail website. It is really good.
I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn... - Seasick Steve

Ana Espinosa 2014 Swiss spruce/IRW
Yulong Guo 2009 640mm scale cedar/IRW

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 am

Hi Andrew

Welcome to the forum.

Best wishes
Peter (also Sydney)

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi Andrew,

Welcome aboard. My son is also learning Carcassi Op 60 No 7 (although in the Schott edition that we work from it's actually no 9 - go figure). It's a great piece although it's more intermediate than beginner. To give you some indication it's listed on the Grade 5 AMEB syllabus.

Carcassi Op 60 has a couple of other early intermediate pieces that are worth looking at (1, 2, 4 & 6 are listed at grade 4 level for example). Whilst you can download a pdf for free, I think there's enough material in Op60 to warrant buying a print copy and having it on the music stand permanently.

Good luck with teaching your son.

Cheers,
Paul (from Melbourne)

Return to “Introduce yourself”