Hello from New England...

Digitallake

Hello from New England...

Post by Digitallake » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi All,

I’m a self-taught guitarist (now on again). Started playing when I was 5, had lessons for only a very short time then continued on my own. I stopped for a long time then started up again and have been playing steel string for the last 5 or so years but recently have taken a detour to explore bossa nova and now want to go back to classical- which i never really got completely familiar with in terms of playing. I’m looking to join a community of nylon string players and learn what I can... (I also noticed the free sheet music and lessons etc :casque:) . My theory is weirdly spotty so I’m also trying to connect dots so i can functional enough to improvise in an informed manner in the future. With a background in industrial design I also have a lot of woodworking experience and am interested in exploring guitar making - if i can eek out the time.

...This site comes up a lot when i google guitar related things so thought i’d commit to joining!

Looking forward to learning, Thanks!

LM

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from New England...

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello LM and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

patsorenson

Re: Hello from New England...

Post by patsorenson » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 am

Hi LM, welcome to the forum! I am a new member myself having joined about a month ago and my experience here has been great. I read many posts on the forum discussions on instruments and recently got a new guitar that fits me better and that I'm really enjoying. Also have found lots of fun easy music from searching posts here. There is so much here and I've just scratched the surface. I'm sure you'll get a LOT from this forum. Good luck with your studies!

Pat
2017 New World Player 628 spruce

Return to “Introduce yourself”