New Student

Rhoadsd2014

New Student

Post by Rhoadsd2014 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Dustin Rhoads and I am currently a college student trying to learn classical guitar. I have played guitar for an extent my whole life, using tablature and such, but I'm trying to make the transition. My biggest issues resounds around sight reading, especially in lower notes. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: New Student

Post by GeoffB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi Dustin,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions.

You'll find plenty of discussions here on sight reading. You might like to look through any likely looking topics in this list of search results.

I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

rpavich

Re: New Student

Post by rpavich » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Rhoadsd2014 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm
Hello everyone,

My name is Dustin Rhoads and I am currently a college student trying to learn classical guitar. I have played guitar for an extent my whole life, using tablature and such, but I'm trying to make the transition. My biggest issues resounds around sight reading, especially in lower notes. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks
Just like learning any other language..practice.

Read simple stuff over and over, write notes while saying them....play them while saying them. Do it constantly, over and over.

A member here has a good PDF book on how to read music.
Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/edqt3ez7xsr4 ... vxgea?dl=0
Asturias AST-100-heavily modified by Robert England.

Return to “Introduce yourself”