Hello from Edmonton

TDOGuitar

Hello from Edmonton

Post by TDOGuitar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:16 pm

I am a performer and teacher of the classical guitar. I particularly drawn towards the Spanish side like the music of Rodrigo, Torroba, and Albeniz. However, I also do enjoy my Bach and I guess Sor, Giuliani, Legnani and even some Castelnuovo-tedesco. Ok...so I guess I love all types of classical guitar music.

Tyson

oski79

Re: Hello from Edmonton

Post by oski79 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:14 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here are Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Michael Lazar
Luthier

Post by Michael Lazar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Hey Tyson. How are you doing ?

TDOGuitar

Post by TDOGuitar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:59 am

Hi Mick, I've been pretty good. Busy with teaching and performing. I am hoping I can make it to more concerts this year. How are you doing?

Michael Lazar
Luthier

Post by Michael Lazar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Pretty good. Getting older. Making some interesting guitars from some unusual spruce top woods such as a Sitka/White Spruce Hybrid and a torrefied Adirondack Spruce. I'm just starting a balsa core spruce double top. Stay well old friend.

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Post by Christopher Langley » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Welcome Tyson. Your're in good company here.
I know next to nothing about everything.

Return to “Introduce yourself”