Greetings from New England!

Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist

Greetings from New England!

Post by Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:03 pm

My name is Scott Sanchez, and I am a professional classical guitarist living in the U.S.A. I make my living as a performer and guitar teacher. My first classical guitar teacher was Dr. Mark Switzer at Florida Southern College. I received my Bachelor of Music with Ricardo Iznaola at the University of Denver and my Master of Music at Yale University with Benjamin Verdery. Currently, I am on the faculties of Franklin Pierce University and Bay Path University.

Though I never joined in the discussions, over the years I have read some of the forums on classicalguitardelcamp.com. I am looking forward to being a member and sharing the joy of our beloved instrument with fellow music lovers.

Best,
Scott Sanchez

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from New England!

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello Scott and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around! I have removed the URL of your website from the post as a security measure against spammers. Please post it in your profile (go to user control panel [top right of the page, under your username], select tab 'profile', add URL next to field 'website', press submit. Now only registered members can see it.

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Hey Scott! :bye: Welcome to Delcamp!
Great to see you here and we look forward to your contributions to our conversations.

:mrgreen:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

brad4d8

Post by brad4d8 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 pm

MM from Yale, huh. So do you have a favorite New Haven pizza? Welcome to the list.

Shakelford

Post by Shakelford » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Greetings Scott, I am also from New England. Western, Mass. I saw you mentioned Bay Path, Is that the one right near here? I hope your close, would love to take some lessons.

Regards,,Rusty

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi Scott,
Eastern MA here, near Boston. Welcome!
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

Golfgnome

Post by Golfgnome » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Welcome Scott,
From Plymouth, MA

Post by Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 pm

brad4d8 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 pm
MM from Yale, huh. So do you have a favorite New Haven pizza? Welcome to the list.
I ate at Naples quite a bit.

Post by Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Shakelford wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 pm
Greetings Scott, I am also from New England. Western, Mass. I saw you mentioned Bay Path, Is that the one right near here? I hope your close, would love to take some lessons.

Regards,,Rusty
Hi Rusty,
Yes indeed. Bay Path University in East Longmeadow.

Please do contact me. I am interested in the possibility of lessons.
Last edited by Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks to everyone for your kind welcome. I am excited about being part of the forum!

Shakelford

Post by Shakelford » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:57 pm
Shakelford wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Regards,,Rusty
Hi Rusty,
Yes indeed. Bay Path University in East Longmeadow.

Please do contact me. I am interested in the possibility of lessons.
That's great, i'm right in the Monson/Hamden area. My wife is from E.L., know the area well. I grew up in Spfld. Will be I touch soon, I need to check on a guy in the Stafford, CT area first.

Post by Scott Sanchez, Classical Guitarist » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 pm

I would be happy to talk to see if we are a good fit. I actually live in Holyoke and do most of my private teaching at my house.

Shakelford

Post by Shakelford » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:05 pm

Ok Scott, let me consider that. The hard part of course is the commute to Holyoke, I am trying to stay close..having a busy schedule and full time family, time only permits so much. I very much appreciate the offer.

Regards,,

Jason Kulas
Student of the online lessons

Post by Jason Kulas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 pm

brad4d8 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 pm
The best pizza in New Haven is actually from Eli's in Hamden :wink: But from New Haven proper, currently I'm partial to BAR. Used to be into Modern. And really like the shrimp pesto pizza from EstEstEst. But nothing beats Eli's.
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

Return to “Introduce yourself”