Introduction and desire to learn

Terry Conrad Martin

Introduction and desire to learn

Post by Terry Conrad Martin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Introduction: I consider it a privilege to be able to play my classical guitar each day. I appreciate , respect, admire and praise classical guitar music and guitar players. I have a complete collection of vinyl LPs of Christopher Parkening and sample LPs of Segovia, Bream, Torre, Williams, and Niedt, plus more that I can not remember at the moment. My interest in guitar came from my father who bought me Chet Atkins records from the bargain basement department stores as a teen ager. As a old man of 66, I returned to my roots of the style of Chet Atkins, because I admire him as a musician and humanitarian. My instrument of choice is the classical guitar, because I can feel its vibrations in my heart as I play. Michael Mosely at UNC at Charlotte taught me classical guitar 1972-1974, independent study creative arts program. During my college years I also continued private lessons with Fred Nance of Charlotte NC. My father and these two instructors helped me develop a hobby that I have received much joy from. In closing, I praise the classical guitar makers that have a special gift to create instruments that enable musical expression possible throughout the world. My first custom handmade classical guitar was from W Ray Ledford, Shelby, North Carolina, in 1976. I no longer have the guitar, but hope some day to get another one, even though he has passed.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Introduction and desire to learn

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 am

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Terry Conrad Martin

Post by Terry Conrad Martin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:09 am

Noted. :-)

Terry Conrad Martin

Post by Terry Conrad Martin » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Noted: Thank you very much. Should anyone have the transcripts for Six Variations on a Theme of Luis Milan performed (1962) by Re De La Torre, I would like to obtain a copy. My personal guitar teacher was friends with Re De La Torre and gave me a copy in 1972. Unfortunately, I misplaced it and have not been able to retrieve a copy through the usual channels. As I am retired now, I have more time to enjoy and practice guitar

Rick Beauregard
Student tutor

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Welcome Terry. I suggest you start a new thread with the topic of the piece you are seeking. If it exists someone will have it for you.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Yisrael van Handel

Post by Yisrael van Handel » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Terry Conrad Martin wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:21 pm
Should anyone have the transcripts for Six Variations on a Theme of Luis Milan performed (1962) by Re De La Torre, I would like to obtain a copy.
The composition you are seeking was copyrighted in 1955 by Joaquín María Nin-Culmell (presumably the composer or arranger). It will not be in the public domain until 2030. Until then, you will have to buy it from the publisher or a distributor.
Yisrael van Handel
Modi'in Ilit, Israel

Return to “Introduce yourself”