Hello from Florida

Tyrobi

Hello from Florida

Post by Tyrobi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 am

Howdy everyone! I barely learned classical guitar when I was around 11 or so. At one point I was playing guitar for the church choir during high school while studying guitar on my own. Then after I went to university I abandon the guitar for two decades!

Anyway, I'm 39 years old now and I've picked the guitar up for a year now, mostly playing fingerstyle acoustic guitar. Lately, I'm interest in getting back to classical root. Time will also be an issue, especially with work, family and 2 young kids. However, I try to touch and play the guitar everyday.

I hope one day I can start and join a course here to advance my skill level. Again, really appreciate all the effort to have this website/forum available to help classical guitar players around the world!

oski79

Re: Hello from Florida

Post by oski79 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:09 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Tyrobi

Post by Tyrobi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Thanks oski79!

I also add my location to the profile. Have a nice day!

tednovak

Post by tednovak » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 pm

welcome
Greg Byers spruce/Indian
Richard Reynoso cedar/Indian

Return to “Introduce yourself”