Greetings from Shanghai

edward_z

Greetings from Shanghai

Post by edward_z » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Hello, everyone, I am Edward, a beginning level guitar player in mid 40s.

When I was in high school, a close friend of mine played classical guitar. When he showed me several classical guitar music pieces, I was really attracted to the beautiful tones and became very interested in CG. I bough a cheap classical guitar from nearby music store and began to learn and practice. There was no internet back then, books and resources on classical guitar were hard to get. There was no tutors nearby and only my friend could give me some suggestions and feedback. After high school, I almost never touched classical guitar again.

A few months ago when I was looking into videos on youtube, several classical guitar music videos popped up. It brought my memory back to 30 years ago. I immediately decided to continue learn how to play classical guitars. Fortunately I was able to find a professional player in town and began to take private lessons, once per week. I have been trying to practice 1-2 hours daily in the past 9 months and made some progress. Currently I am working on Menuet in G by Bach.

I found this website a few weeks ago when googling some classical guitar related information. This forum has been very helpful to me. So I registered an account and hope I can be accepted as a member here.

Thank you all for sharing helpful information here.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Greetings from Shanghai

Post by GeoffB » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Hello Edward,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. You now have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”